Skip to main content

Bracknell Forest Local Directory

Independent Living & Accommodation Options

Supported Living Services can enable you to live in your own home.  This could be your family home or depending on your needs, you may be able to live by yourself or in a shared house or flat. Full time, 24hr support can be arranged or support for just a few hours a week. 

Accommodation can be specially adapted and equipped to suit your needs.  In shared houses and flats, support staff can support you to build confidence in everyday life skills such as shopping, cooking, cleaning and organising routines to help you get to college or work.

You can also arrange to have a registered home-carer come to help you with any personal care you might need. 

Help at home from a carer


A Residential Care Home might be more suitable for some people. They offer ‘round the clock’ support to help with personal care, dressing and meal times.  They also arrange social activities and outings for you to enjoy with other residents.

Talk to your social worker about which option is best for you.

If you don’t have a social worker contact Adult Social Care:


Telephone: 01344 352000

Supported Living - Mencap Video

Back to top