The aim of our Local Offer is to have in one place accurate and easy to understand information about available services – and how to access them -- for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities, and their parents and carers.
Bracknell Forest Council welcomes the changes that came with the SEND reforms brought about by the Children and Families Act 2014. These changes included a new duty on all local authorities to identify education, health and social care services in their local area provided for children, young people and families who have SEN or disabilities, and include them in an information directory called the Local Offer. The Local Offer also provides information about services provided outside of our local area that local people are likely to use.
Putting all of these services in one place also shows any gaps in services and what needs to be improved.
Crucial to this is the work to develop our Local Offer in partnership with children, young people and their families, as well as local schools, colleges, health services and other service providers.
Our Local Offer needs to be kept up to date, and so we welcome feedback from children, young people and parents as part of that process.
Detail of what the Local Offer must include:
The Local Offer must include information about the services available in Bracknell Forest including:
- education, health care and Social services provision
- arrangements for identifying and assessing children and young people with SEND
- how services are accessed (including eligibility criteria) and how decisions are made
- arrangements for supporting children and young people in their school as well as moving between school phases
- services to support young people in preparing for adulthood and independence
- arrangements for disagreement resolution, complaints, mediation and appealing to the SEND Tribunal
- information for feedback and review of the Local Offer
Let us know what you think:
We want your comments, tell us what you think about the local offer and services you get from us and others.
Help us make the local offer better!
The local offer is constantly being updated and we welcome any suggestions to improve our service. Get involved by joining one of our parent or young person forums. For more information please email email@example.com
List a service or activity
If you provide a service appropriate for families and would like to publicise it here, please use the 'Register' link above or contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See section 30 of the Children and Families Act 2014 (external link) for further details on the Local Offer.