*** For information on specific conditions please use keyword search at the top of this page. ***
When someone in your family is unwell it can be a worrying time. Knowing where to go for information, advice and medical help can sometimes be confusing.
ROUTINE HEALTH PROBLEMS e.g. a cold, sore throat, earache
- Pharmacists are qualified to give information on all kinds of ailments and can advise on the most appropriate over-the-counter treatments.
- Bracknell Duty Health Visitor - query line 07899 876568
SERIOUS HEALTH CONCERNS e.g. you need advice or medical help quickly
- NHS 111 For 24/7 healthcare advice and information you can call 111. They will advise you what to do next. If they think you need an ambulance, they will send one immediately.
- GP Surgeries Contact your doctor’s surgery for an appointment. If you call out of surgery hours, there will be a recorded message with details of out of hours services.
- Bracknell Urgent Care Centre (BUCC) is open 8am – 8pm and is located at Brants Bridge, Bracknell RG12 9TR (01344 551100) For advice and treatment for most common injuries and illnesses that are urgent but not life threatening.
EMERGENCY HELP FOR LIFE THREATENING OR CRITICAL CONDITIONS
If you or a family member is seriously ill or injured, eg, a loss of consciousness, severe chest pain, heart attack, head injury, severe loss of blood, suspected broken bones, severe breathing difficulty, or deep wounds:
- Call 999 for an ambulance
- Accident & Emergency (A&E) Departments Open 24/7
Frimley Park (Portsmouth Rd Camberley GU16 7UJ)
Wexham (Wexham, Slough SL2 4HL)
Royal Berkshire (London Road Reading RG1 5AN)