Skip to main content

Family Services Directory - 0-19

Click here for a new search

Financial & Housing Advice

There are a number of benefits and tax credits that you may be entitled to. Some benefits can be paid because your child is disabled while others may be paid to you for other reasons. For example, you may be getting disability living allowance (DLA) for your child and carer's allowance as their carer. However depending on your income and certain other factors you may also be able to claim benefits such as income support, child tax credit and housing benefit.

DLA is ending for people who were born after 8 April 1948 and are 16 or over. You can only make a new DLA claim if you're under 16. You’ll continue to get DLA until the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) writes to tell you about when it will end. The letter will invite you to apply for a new benefit called Personal Independence Payment (PIP)and tell you what to do next.

For more information contact:

Telephone 01344 352020


Choose a category

View all records in this category
Back to top