Skip to main content

Family Services Directory - 0-19


Young child colouring in at a table

Bracknell Forest is an inclusive local authority and most children and young people, including those with more complex special educational needs, will attend a local mainstream school.

We are keen that our children and young people with special educational needs and disability get the right support from as early as possible, so they achieve the best possible outcomes to be well-prepared for life as adults. We recognise that supporting our children and young people towards greater independence and employability can be life-transforming, and will ensure the best opportunities for:

  • education and/or employment
  • independent living
  • participating in society - including having friends, participating in, and contributing to the local community
  • being as healthy as possible.

In this section, you will be able to find information on how your child can access the right support, which is graduated to respond their specific level of needs.  For most children and young people with special educational needs, their needs will be met through additional school support - SEN Support. For those with more complex needs, they may need an Education, Health and Care Plan.

Children with SEN may find it harder to learn than most children of the same age and some children will need extra or different help.

If you think your child may have special educational needs, contact the person in your child’s school or nursery responsible for special educational needs. This person is called the SEN Coordinator or SENCO. If your child isn’t in a school or pre-school provision contact your GP.

The Information, Advice & Support Service (formerly Parent Partnership)  provides confidential and impartial advice and information to support parents/carers and children and young people who have, or may have Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND) in Bracknell Forest.

Local authorities may be able to provide your child with free or partially subsidised transport to their school if they are eligible.

Intervention Hubs

Intervention Hubs enable educational settings to make applications to access short-term additional specialist support from the High Needs Block without having to wait for an EHC needs assessment and Plan. This will continue to build on the good practice encouraged by the DfE.

  1. Frequently Asked Questions:

                        1.  BF SEN Support webpage

                        2.  Education Health and Care Plan


Choose a category

View all records in this category
Back to top