I live in the Birch Hill area. My aim as a childminder is to offer a happy, secure, and friendly home environment for the children, thus giving parents the confidence and assurance of knowing that their children are safe, cared for and happy whilst they are away. Lots of fun to be had here - trips to local parks, The Lookout. I have a good selection of toys and books and plenty of outdoor toys. We have fun at home painting, colouring and messy play. A real home from home environment Cost includes snacks/meals/drinks. Hours to suit. Ofsted - Good
Jarvis, Claire Suzanne
Who to contact
Where to go
- Sam's Mum Childminding Services
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.50 Per Hour
- Has Provision
- Has Provision
- Has Provision
- will work with the parents
- Has Provision
- Offers 2 year funded places
- Offers 3 & 4 years (15 hrs) funded places
- Offers 3 & 4 years (30 hrs) funded places
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Range of vacancies
Vacancies Age range Places 0 – 11 Months 0 1 – 4 Years 1 4 – 8 Years 0 8+ Years 0
- Holiday cover available Monday to Friday - hours to suit Currently vacancies on a Tuesday and Thursday
- Date updated
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 07:00 18:30 Tuesday 07:00 18:30 Wednesday 07:00 18:30 Thursday 07:00 18:30 Friday 07:00 18:30
- no smoking household, Climbing Frame, Video Games, Colouring, Off-site trips, Computer, Open Space, Visits & Outings, Utility Room, Nature Walks, Very homely setting, No Pets, Visits To The Lookout, Walks, Outings, Water Play, Outings in summer, Wendy House, Cooking, Outside Play, Computer Learning/video games, Visits To Coral Reef, Conservatory as Playroom, Outdoor Play, Visits to local Parent & Toddler Groups, People carrier, Daily organised activities, Paddling pool/waterplay, Woodland walk, Painting, Crafts, Park visits, Dedicated Playroom, Detailed report of childs day and meal plan., Play Equipment, Play House, DVD, Educational games & activities, Educational Videos, Enclosed Garden, Playhouse, Play kitchen, Play Room, Dressing up, Playdoh, Prentend kitchen, Puzzles, Face Painting, Refreshments, Ride on toys, Quiet Area, Quiet Room, Free Play, Quiet time, Freeplay Toys, Garden Play, planting and watching plants grow., Sand and Water Play, garden toys, Gardening, Role Play, Safe enclosed play area, Garden & apparatus/toys, Safe Play, Garden Play, Have a car, Sensory Area, Secure Garden, Slide, Homework assistance, Hot Breakfast, Sit in cars, Home cooked food, Sleeping Area, Home Corner, Sleeping Room, Home role play area, Indoor Play Area, Activities, Activity equipment, Activity table, Hot meals provided, I.T., Access to computer and internet, Songs & Rhymes, ICT Toys, Access to public library, Songtime, Storytime, Structed Play, Arts & Crafts, Kitchen, Audio Equipment, Supervised indoor & outdoor games, Junk modeling, Baby Rooms, Baby Toys, Learning about nature, Learning through play, Baking, Large Garden, Baby changing, Baby Garden, Large Out-door Play Area, Tents and tunnels, Bedroom cots, Library Visits, Themes and Topics, Literacy & Numeracy activities, Board Games, Lego building, Ball games, Television, Tents & Tunnels, Toys & equipment, Messy play, Breakfast available, train set, Book Corner, Local Park, Books, Local visits & outings, Bottle Warming Facilities, Toys, Lunch, TV/DVD, Chalk and colouring board, Musical Instruments, Changing facilities, TV/Video/DVD, Treasure Hunts, Trikes
- Offers pickups
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 14/10/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 04/09/2013 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 22/11/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Early Years (0-4 years)
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type
- Moderate Learning Difficulties
Childminder - Birch Hill, Bracknell
- 1: How does the setting identify children with additional needs or SEND?
Liaising with the parents and observations made against the EYFS
- 2: How will I be informed / consulted about the ways in which my child is being supported?
Meetings with the childs parents / liaising with the Local Authority for guidance
- 3: How will the setting adapt the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum for my child's needs?
Meetings with the childs parents to discuss the adaptation and liaising with the Local Authority for guidance and assistance
- 4: What teaching strategies does the setting use for children with additional needs or learning difficulties?
Depends on the childs addiditonal needs - discussions and plans with the parents and local authority
- 5: What additional support does the setting provide for children with additional needs or SEND?
Follow the settings SEND policy
- 6: How will the setting monitor my child's progress and how will I be involved in this?
Regular update meetings and observations on progress
- 7: How do you ensure children with additional needs or SEND can be included in the same activities as other children, including trips?
Discussions with parents and understanding the childs ability - making sure the activities and outings are suitable for their needs
- 8: How accessible is the building for children with mobility difficulties / wheelchair users?
My setting is not accessible for children with mobility difficulties / wheelchair users
- 9: How will you support my child's transition to a new setting or school?
Visits to the setting / school, discussions regarding the changes, books and visual aid to help them
- 10: How does the setting assess the overall effectiveness of its SEN provision and how can parents / carers take part in this evaluation?
Regular performance reviews, discussions with parents / carers
- 11: Who should I contact if I am considering registering for a place at the setting?
Myself, Claire Jarvis
- 12: What arrangements does the setting have for feedback from parents / carers, including compliments and complaints?
Parents / carers are able to complete the compliments / complaints book and also make any commnets using their childs record on Baby Days
Last updated: 14/05/2019