Branch Activities and Services
- Monthly evening meetings at which members can meet together in a friendly atmosphere to exchange views and hear a talk from a speaker on a Parkinson's issue or a general topic of interest.
- The services of a Parkinson's Local Advisor who acts as a 'friendly contact' for members as well as advising on how to claim for benefits and obtain assistance from social services.
- Access to Parkinson's Nurse Specialists, who are able to provide advice on medication and related matters. New members are encouraged to arrange a meeting at an early stage.
- Weekly hydrotherapy sessions are currently available for a small charge of £4 per session. Please see details on how to take part on our website.
- Thrice monthly physiotherapy sessions - £4 per session - designed for people with Parkinson's.
- Regular newsletters advising members of local events and activities.
- Regular social events including a Pub Lunch and Ten Pin Bowling.
- Monthly Carers Club at which carers can meet to share their own experiences and concerns