Who is the Centre for?
- The Centre was set up by Age Concern Bracknell Forest to provide a service for elderly people with Dementia living in and around Bracknell Forest Borough.
- We aim to help people whose health and wellbeing will gain most from a service that provides an enjoyable form of social, mental and physical stimulation.
- Being a local charity we are non-profit making and our costs are supported by grants, gifts, donations and voluntary effort.
- Because care is inherently expensive to provide, we want to make best use of our limited facilities for the benefit of the residents of Bracknell Forest.
- We want to help prolong the time for which people can continue to live in their own homes within the community.
- We want to work with and provide help and relief to the families, friends, and network of other carers who support our members.
What do we provide?
We care for the elderly in a friendly atmosphere and homely surroundings.
Whilst recognising their special needs, we place great importance in respecting our members as individuals and aim for them to feel comfortable and at ease.
The Day Centre is in a quiet residential setting. The building was purpose built to be secure while allowing the elderly the freedom that they would expect in their own homes.
There is also a very pleasant, small enclosed garden which is well used by our members in the warmer months.