Berkshire County Blind Society is an independent charity that aims to enable and support visually impaired people in Berkshire to live independently and to enhance their quality of life. BCBS strives to achieve this by:
- Ensuring visually impaired people have access to equipment and technology to support and improve their everyday living.
- Visiting visually impaired people in their homes to ensure they have the help they need. Supporting a network of clubs in Berkshire.
- Training and supporting volunteers for information desks at hospital eye clinics.
- Offering a varied programme of social and sporting events and accompanied holidays.
- Supporting young visually impaired people and their families.
- Producing newsletters in large print, Braille, CD and audiotape.
- Acting as agents for the Talking Books Service and the British Wireless for the Blind Fund.