Moving from milk feeds to solid foods is an exciting journey for your baby. Find out how we can help you on the way.
The two hour session covers topics such as when to start weaning, purees and baby-led weaning, and what foods to avoid. It is aimed at parents with babies aged between 3 and 6 months old - although if your baby's age falls outside this you are still more than welcome to attend. It doesn't matter if you have already started giving your baby solids when you come to the course, or if your baby is breastfed or bottle-fed.
The course is led by a qualified NCT Practitioner and will help you explore:
- How to recognise the signs that tell you when your baby is getting ready for solid food.
- Baby-led weaning and spoon-feeding. What are the pros and cons.
- Which foods are best to offer your baby and why, taking into account your family's diet and cultural influences.
- What foods to avoid.
- How much to feed and when to reduce milk feeds.
- Concerns and safety issues such as: ensuring your baby has a healthy and balanced diet; how to recognise allergies; what to do if your baby starts choking; where to go for more information.
Contact NCT for more information Email: firstname.lastname@example.org