email@example.com Ofsted Inspection Grade: Outstanding. I can collect from: Rectory Lane Preschool, Plus Threes at Martins Heron St Michaels Preschool, Easthampstead
Eddy, Margaret Anne
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Margaret Eddy
Where to go
- Has Provision
- Has Provision
- Has Provision
- Vegetarian, allergies and also provide homemade baby food.
- Has Provision
- Offers 2 year funded places
- Offers 3 & 4 years (15 hrs) funded places
- Offers 3 & 4 years (30 hrs) funded places
- Range of vacancies
Vacancies Age range Places 0 – 11 Months 1 1 – 4 Years 1
- space for baby under 1 or toddler. part time on Wednesday and Thursday
- Date updated
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday Wednesday 08:00 17.30 Thursday 08:00 17.30 Friday Tuesday
- no smoking household, Off-site trips, Computer, Open Space, Visits & Outings, Childminder Drop-ins, Utility Room, Children work to the early years foundation stage, Nature Walks, Very homely setting, Visits To The Lookout, Construction toys, Constructive Play, Walks, Outings, Water Play, Cooking, Outside Play, Visits & Outings (Local), Outdoor Play, Visits to local Parent & Toddler Groups, Outdoor Play Area, People carrier, Pet, Daily organised activities, Paddling pool/waterplay, Co-opertative games, Painting, Parent & Toddler Groups, Crafts, Park visits, Picnics, Play Area, Detailed report of childs day and meal plan., Play Equipment, Piano, Educational games & activities, Playgroups, Educational Videos, Enclosed Garden, Play kitchen, Play Park, Play Room, Dressing up, Playdoh, Puzzles, Ride on toys, Quiet Room, Free Play, Freeplay Toys, Garden Play, planting and watching plants grow., Sand and Water Play, garden toys, Gardening, Sandpit, Role Play, Safe enclosed play area, Garden & apparatus/toys, Garden Apparatus, Garden Play, Have a car, Seasonal Activities, Secure Garden, Slide, small trampoline, Sit in cars, Home cooked food, Sleeping Area, Sleeping Room, Home role play area, Activities, Activity equipment, Hot meals provided, soft play visits, Songs & Rhymes, Access to public library, Storytime, Structed Play, Arts & Crafts, Kitchen, Attend weekly Childminders Drop-ins, Large & Small construction toys, Junk modeling, Baby Toys, Learning about nature, Learning through play, Baking, Baby changing, Large Out-door Play Area, Bedroom cots, Library Visits, Toddler groups, Board Games, Ball games, Television, Toys & equipment, Messy play, Breakfast available, train set, Book Corner, Tortoise, Local Park, Books, Local visits & outings, Toys, Lunch, Music & Movement, TV/DVD, Musical Equipment, Chalk and colouring board, Musical Instruments, TV/Video, Changing facilities, Trikes, Music
- Offers pickups
- School Pickup
School Pickup School AM PM Crown Wood Primary School
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 25/01/2007 Care Outstanding 14/06/2010 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 11/05/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
- Local Offer Age Bands
Early Years (0-4 years)
Primary (4-10 years)
I have been a childminder for nearly 30 years. I live in Forest Park in a 5 bedroomed house, with a playroom and safe garden. I am registered for 3 preschool children and 3 children in the 5-8 age bracket.
- 1: How does the setting identify children with additional needs or SEND?
Close observation and monitoring as the child moves through the developmental stages. Consistently talking with parents and if required other professionals.
- 2: How will I be informed / consulted about the ways in which my child is being supported?
Frequent conversations with parents, daily diary and Learning Journals.
- 3: How will the setting adapt the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum for my child's needs?
Activities and experiences are planned according to a child's individual needs and matched to their level of development. I aim to help each child achieve their full potential.
- 4: What teaching strategies does the setting use for children with additional needs or learning difficulties?
I would work alongside you and any other professionals to develop strategies that best help your child to develop to their full potential.
- 5: What additional support does the setting provide for children with additional needs or SEND?
I would seek advice and guidance from all settings and professionals involved with the child. If necessary I would attend appropriate training.
- 6: How will the setting monitor my childs progress and how will I be involved in this?
Observations and Learning Journal will be shared with yourself and any other professionals or settings involved with the child.
- 7: How do you ensure children with additional needs or SEND can be included in the same activities as other children, including trips?
Children are given as much help as is necessary for them to fully participate in all the activities I plan.
- 8: How accessible is the building for children with mobility difficulties / wheelchair users?
I do not have wheelchair access as there is a step up to my porch door and then two doorways to negotiate. There is a step down onto my patio and another step down onto my lawn. I do have a downstairs toilet.
- 9: How will you support my childs transition to a new setting or school?
A Transition document would be completed to be passed onto the new setting. Parents can share the child's Learning Journal. Visits and discussions with other professionals and the new setting would be carried out with the full knowledge and permission of the parents.
- 10: How does the setting assess the overall effectiveness of its SEN provision and how can parents / carers take part in this evaluation?
I pride myself on having a very open relationship with parents. Parent questionaires are completed from time to time, and issues raised are discussed and acted on. I also constantly evaluate myself and my setting.
- 11: Who should I contact if I am considering registering for a place at the setting?
- 12: What arrangements does the setting have for feedback from parents / carers, including compliments and complaints?
I have a Compliments file as well as a Complaints file along with a comprehensive Complaints Policy. If the need arises parents can also raise complaints with the Bracknell Forest Early Years Team or OFSTED. Parent questionaires are given out periodically and issues raised are discussed.
Last updated: 13/12/2018