Volunteers are important to our Library & Information Service, especially at the busy Bracknell central library where you can assist library customers alongside staff.
What do you need? ANY one of these:
- If you’ve a passion about books and reading
- If you’re organised and can help us put those books back on the shelves
- If you’re good with toddlers or with school-age children and enjoy singing, playing, and so on
- If you can help our customers with their computer questions
- And if you enjoy talking to customers and helping them discover the reams of information we hold
What can you get? All of these:
- Opportunity to give something back to the community
- Friends and social contact
- Ability to use your skills in a different context
- Boost to your existing communication skills and confidence, including if returning to the workplace
- Skills and experience to change careers or get a job; evidence for your CV, if needed
- Reference for future employment, if needed
You need to be reliable and committed to your volunteering, to give us two references (who can be friends or colleagues), and to undergo a Disclosure & Barring Service check.
Email us to ask questions, or take a look at our Library Volunteering website.