A specialist Early Years Education provision, supporting children aged 3-5 with social communication difficulties, so that pupils can transition into a mainstream school setting for the start of Key Stage One.
In order for the application to be considered the child must:
- Have been diagnosed as having social and communication difficulties, which may or may not
- include a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
- Have had access to an Early Years educational setting; this setting must be able to provide
- evidence of the child’s developmental stage in relation to ‘Development Matters’ and/ or
- ‘Derbyshire Small Steps’.
- Be aged 3 to 5 years old.
- Be able to attend the setting for a minimum of three terms before they enter Key Stage One.
- Have functional communication skills, these may be verbal or non- verbal e.g. pecs.
- The child’s current educational setting must have sought advice from at least 1 external
- agency e.g. SALT, Educational Psychology, OT.