At Meadow Vale School
Aim: To provide short-term specialist Early Years resource provision, in order to prepare children with social communication difficulties for mainstream education.
Educational Settings are able to make applications to Rainbow via the Early Years Inclusion Fund Panel. Click here for Rainbow flowchart.
For admission to the Rainbow Resource a child should:
- Be aged 3 to 4 years old at the time of admission to the resource.
- Have been identified or diagnosed as having social and communication difficulties, which may or may not include a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
- Ideally be able to attend the setting for two terms or more before they enter Key Stage One.
- Demonstrate intentional communication skills, these may be verbal or non- verbal, for instance the use of PECS or communication boards.
- Have evidence of advice from at least 1 external agency, for example, Educational Psychology, the Child Development Centre, Speech and Language Therapy, or Occupational Therapy.
- Be working within “Development Matters” or Derbyshire Small Steps.
- Be dual registered with their designated school.