Sandhurst School challenges, supports and inspires every individual to achieve their best; a sense of belonging is encouraged, responsibility is shared and everyone is valued.
Sandhurst is an 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with approximately 950 students on roll. We are situated on the south eastern fringe of Berkshire at the borders with Surrey and Hampshire. Established in 1969, we serve the largely residential areas of Sandhurst, Owlsmoor and College Town, all of which have grown significantly since the school opened. A number of our students are drawn from the nearby Royal Military Academy. We have a friendly and supportive school which aims to encourage its students in the pursuit of excellence and the development of intellectual, social and moral qualities.
In September 2013 Ofsted reported that:
- “Students make good progress in mathematics and English and achieve standards which are above the national average”
- “Teachers know their subjects well and convey high expectations to their students”
- “Exceptional additional opportunities are offered to students and these promote their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development”
- “The behaviour of students is good. They show high levels of maturity both in lessons and around the school. Students say they feel safe and the school has robust systems to support all students.”
- “The leadership and management of the school are good. The wider leadership team shares the headteacher’s ambitious vision for the school.”